Who we are & what we can do for you
Since 1983, Stitches by Wendy has been providing alteration services and creating one of a kind garments for customers all over the country.
We would like to be of service to you and to help make your event full of exquisite memories. In the pages of this site you will find detailed information about the steps to obtaining your dream formal wear. Of course, if you have any questions, please check the contact page for information on how to contact us. We'll be happy to answer whatever questions you have.
Whether you have a garment for a wedding or formal event that needs alterations or you just have a picture or a dream of your perfect dress, Stitches by Wendy can make your dreams come true! We look forward to working with you to create the garment of your dreams and helping you find the accessories to complement any outfit.
We have expanded our selections to include more than formal wear. We carry items that can be personalized for you or for someone to whom you want to present a special gift. We offer everyday accessories for the fashionista and the Shopper Handbag that we custom make for you. If you don't see what you are looking for, just ask us! We will find it for you or lead you to the resource.
If you have found something that we carry on another site at a lower cost, let us know and we will meet or beat that price if it is the same item and the same quality.
Thanks for visiting our site. Check back often, we will be adding more products each day.
Stitches by Wendy
Our custom design and alterations services are provided for formalwear apparel.
The services are available for clients living everywhere in the country. Local clients have the benefit of personal fittings while our other clients receive their fittings by email.
Yes, email. After putting together a mannequin built to your specifications, we send photos by email to provide updates and fittings for you to view while your garment is being completed or made.
You are in on the process step by step. The booking availability for these services are limited at times, so inquire in advance for your event.
Click here to see some examples of our work.
Event Design & consultation services
How does it work?
1. You determine what theme(s) you would like to consider for your event.
2. Tell us what your color palette is and budget, or ask us to help you develop one.
3. We will help you find the items that fit your choices, or you may submit your photos of what you want and we will look for items that fit the scenario.
4. We will send you photos of what we have collected for you and estimated costs for your approval.
5. You decide if you want to complete the ideas yourself or hire us to finish them for you.
6. Give us lead time of at least 60 days for large events and 30 days for smaller events. We will require a contract and a deposit before we begin production of your collection.
We do not require a contract for a collection we find for you for Do-it-Yourself projects. But, we will require a fee for searching for your items as we will be searching a variety of resources for you. That fee will be absorbed into your order if you complete your order with us.